Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Another birght idea

I think I'm going to do a sticker chart for Squish and his temper episodes. I understand that he is a toddler and that emotions are a very intense thing. Even as adults we don't always properly process and deal with our emotions and I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a toddler to deal with such consuming emotions as anger, fear and frustration. But we must find a better way to process through them and react with something other than screaming and hitting. We've had two really good days and he seems to light up when I talk to him about how well he's been doing so I think I'm going to try putting stickers on a chart for all of his "good choices" and when he hits a certain number he can have a special treat (a cookie, or he picks what's for dinner....something like that) So we'll see how it goes. We have not always been super committed to these things in the past but I think it may be that he was just to you young to understand the point before now.

Lou too Squish to the baseball banquet last night (the season is over, YAY!!!!) He said that squish sat across from one of the high school girls and started batting his eyes at her then asked "So, do you like nakes?" (snakes) As opening lines go...it's not the worst I've heard.

Bear had such a blast in the bath last night. Since Squish was with Daddy he had the tub to himself. I even let him out of his little mini-prison tub seat. He thought he was king of the world.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

That is an excellent pickup line.

I bet your chart will work pretty well.

Holly said...

Can't wait to hear how the chart thing goes...we will be needing one of those, I can tell.

Love the snakes line, I'm sure with the batting of the eyelashes, it was a hit!