Sunday, September 4, 2011

Seriously?

So just as we are waiting out the last few weeks on the new house and about to spend down our entire savings account on the down payment....Levis engine blows.  So now we've got to figure out how to get a new car without financing it because if we finance anything that big it will blow our chances on the loan, and we can't use our savings because that's the down payment. So we're about to have to do some crafty thinking.

On a positive note, I wanted a wood futon for the boys playroom so I checked on craigslist. I found one in the city we are moving to for about $40. So I e-mailed the lady and asked if she could send me pictures. She did (and I like it, it will need a little touching up, but hey...I love a project) and she also said "I only put a price on it so I wouldn't get tons of calls, but if you want it you can have it for free. Yay!!! Here's my little issue, I want to use fall colors in the room so everything will be dark-ish (maroons, navy, gold, hunter green....) but I want to paint an accent wall a robins egg blue to brighten everything up a bit. The cover on the futon is a navy corduroy and that won't match. I like the corduroy, though so should I rethink the accent wall (which I really love) or recover the futon (and then...what color??)

Hoping that maybe we will hear something next week, we will be entering week three of the case transfer so I think there is a small chance.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Well, that sucks about the car.

About the futon, I'd say it depends on how you are going to use it, but I've recently seen two different articles about spray painting fabric. They said that it depends on the use and the kind of fabric, but one person did a couch and one person did a wing chair. That might work.