Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Nite Leftovers

-We don't go out to eat often. As a one income family (and that income belonging to a school teacher) we are on a limited budget and when we take the boys to restaurants, by the time I've kept everyone happy and well behaved and cut up their food into bite sized pieces, my food is cold and I've eaten it between picking up sippy cups and running to the potty and I never even realize that I had dinner. So we just don't spend the money when we don't feel like we have gotten the experience that should come from it.

-Today my father-in-law and sister-in-law planned to go have the pizza hut buffet for lunch so I told them we might meet them there. The boys were so great. Squish used his inside voice and never even tried to get out of his chair. Bear ate like he hadn't seen food in three days. They both interacted with the people who walked past our table. I was pretty proud of them, especially considering that they haven't had much practice at this.

-Also, the pizza hut buffet is free for kids 3 and under. I didn't eat any thing so our grand total for lunch today $0. Take that limited budget!

-I've cut out sweets (I used to have dessert AT LEAST once a day...sometimes twice) and I've been working out twice a day. I feel great and I think I look better. But do you want to know how much I've lost ONE STINKING POUND!!! And I've been at this for 3 weeks. Oh well, at least I'm getting healthy.

-Still no word on the house, the wait continues. I'm still trying to trust God in this and know that His timing is better than mine. Last time we waited on His timing the price of the house dropped 30k so I'm willing to do that. But I sure do wish He would hurry up on his plan.

-Levi will be here in 5 hours :)

For more leftovers go see Danifred

5 comments:

Martine said...

Free lunch for those under 3!?! That is fantastic. I need to find a place like that!

CanadianMama said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog! That is amazing that you work out TWICE a day! Can I have some of your will power please :0 and how cool that you call your little one bear too!

The soother went way better than I thought - good luck when you decide to do it :)

ps. If you add an email to your profile I can email you comments back :)

Danifred said...

We don't go out much either, but that's because our kids make us nuts. Sometimes they keep it together, but it's just more work for us to take them out.

Oh, how I miss the good old days- going out to dinner for hours with nothing but time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday! Glad you had a successful lunch at Pizza Hut! I love their buffet!

ANd good job on the better eating and working out. I've been on a mission since April to lose weight and get in shape. 18 lbs down! woo hoo! Hoping to lose about 15 more. :-)

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad the lunch out went well!

I bet the diet thing is that thing where you don't lose much weight at the beginning because muscle is heavier than fat.