Sunday, June 5, 2011

home sweet home

We are FINALLY back from vacation. We had such a wonderful time but I'm also super glad to be home. I could tell that the lack of routine and good sleep was really wearing on the boys. They (especially Squish) have been so much more pleasant since we've been back.

I usually joke/complain that my house looks like a daycare center. We have a living room/dining room combo and the dining room serves as our playroom so when you walk in the front door you can see all of the boys stuff. Sometimes there is a bounce house blown up in there, we really let them have run of the place. I realized while we were gone just how easy that makes my life. It's pretty much kid-proof around here. I can come and go (you know switch laundry, make lunch, pee....all those little luxuries I afford myself) and know that the boys will be busy, happy and relatively safe (they're boys...they can find the danger in a cotton ball....especially Bear) I missed that relaxed freedom while we were gone.

I've been doing TONS of work around the house to get things ready for our big, possibly not even happening move. I'm toying with the idea of starting another blog just to keep track of all my projects. I may have caught the blogging bug there, JEN. If people actually read mine I may even be inclined to post more than once a week.

Squish has been telling me lately that I am a sweetie pie. Only he can't make the SW sound so he says "Mommy, you're a feety pie." I'll take it.

Bear has been working on two teeth for about a week now. He's miserable with it. I feel so sorry for him

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

It is such hard work to be on vacation and have to watch them ALL the time.

Holly said...

Amen, vacation is hard work, having to be on your toes 24/7...

You are a feety pie! I will keep reading, it's a good way to keep up with you all!