Sunday, March 6, 2011

walking man!

Well, I'd say it's official...the Bear is walking. Not all the time yet, but about 30%. He seems to be fairly impressed with himself. It's still crazy to me how different he and his brother are. As soon as Squish figured out that those feet were good for something other than chew toys....he never sat down again. Bear still likes to crawl to something he really wants...much speedier that way.

Bear has also taken to beating the crap out of me on a regular basis. I used to have this sweet snugly baby who loved to cuddle and nurse. And I love nothing more than the nights that he is still that sweet baby who lets me play with his fingers as he falls asleep. But lately he has been using those sweet fingers to reach up and pinch the FIRE out of my face and neck. Seriously... I have never been pinched this hard before. And when he's not pinching he's slapping and punching. Some nights I just have to give up and put my wide away baby in his bed. I realize that this has to come sometime, but I'd like to see a peaceful end to his nursing to sleep, not one where I'm angry and frustrated and feel like I just went a few rounds with Mike Tyson.

I like to play this game with Squish where we tell each other "I love you more than..." On Friday he told me (all on his own) that he loves me more than Diego loves to save animals. I thought that was pretty creative, and a super huge deal....must mean he loves me most out of everyone else in the whole world. (I win, Daddy!)

That's really all I have for the whole weekend, as I have spent most of it in bed. Lou took over and let me lay around and be lazy all day Saturday and today, which was lovely. I wish he didn't have to go back to the five day week tomorrow

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Go, walking baby!

Hey, what do you want to do this week? Want to come over and put your feet up for a while?

Danifred said...

Uh oh- let the walking trouble-making begin! :)