Friday, August 26, 2011

friday nite leftovers

-Yesterday at preschool Squish was put in time out and instead of sitting quietly (yeah right) he threw the time out chair. I was really surprised to hear that, because even though he tends to get a little angry and rough sometimes, it's pretty out of character for him to throw a chair.

-Today a friend asked him why he threw the chair...his reply :"it was my decision" We all had to keep ourselves from laughing at him.

-All week I have felt like a terrible mom. I've been angry and short tempered and had no interest in playing with my boys. I know myself and my mental health well enough to know that all of this is getting to me. I have no home, and most of the week no husband. We've been trying for almost a year to buy the house and bricks keep hitting me in the face on that front. So I went to the doctor and got a prescription. I don't usually like to rely on that but sometimes you just need a little help from the world of chemistry.

-Today I was the kind of mom I want to be.

-And my boys got along

-And Lou will be here in about an hour.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Elizabeth has been throwing chairs too lately. What is going on with that? She likes to violently knock over our dining room chairs when I don't pay enough attention to her.

Danifred said...

Bean went through a throwing phase, luckily it has died down.

Hang in there Mama!